Decor: My first guest blogger - Melanie Wessels

Posted by  | Monday, January 17, 2011  at 6:30 AM  


I have the privilege to introduce my first guest blogger Melanie Wessels . Last year, whilst looking for a wedding photographer I stumbled across Melanie's website and immediately knew that she would be perfect for capturing our special day! Melanie and I have since become friends and I was super exited when she agreed to let me show off her newly acquired treasures.


Here with her story...

"Before we moved to a house, we never really made an effort to go out and buy furniture. We spent a couple of weekends walking through different furniture stores to figure out what we liked, but often came home disappointed and tired! It seemed and looked like most furniture are mass produced, almost plastic and we simply didn't like it.

Until we came across some really nice pieces at Boho Chic Collectables' (www.boho.co.za) shop in Newlands, Johannesburg. The area is known for it's antique-type furniture shops and we went through them all looking for the piece that says "magic". Since our house was built almost 50 years ago, it doesn't really have built-in cupboards/wardrobes. We came to a point where we really needed space to pack things away. We found a sideboard for the dining room and also a wardrobe for the guest room. What I like most about these pieces are that they fit in perfectly with the requirements to fuse the old and new."



Visit Melanie's website or blog for more of her stunning photos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...